Pages

Thursday, 19 August 2010

the new vintage curtains...


I got impatient yesterday and devised a way to have my bedroom curtains sooner, these were so simple to make and eco friendly too!

I used a vintage double sheet, cut it in half, turned down the top to make a casing to go along the curtain rail, and then trimmed it with some lovely Cath Kidston cotton duck fabric that I have had in my stash for a couple of years.



I also made tie-backs using the same fabrics and made rouleaux loops to attach to the hooks that hold them in place.


They give a much brighter lighter feel to the room - the previous curtains were a cream colour that matched the walls and made the room feel dingy.

I am so pleased with them and will definitely be making more this way :)

1 comment:

Cupcake Couture said...

Well done...what a great look.
They are light and lovely!

Post a Comment