Pages

Thursday 2 April 2009

A dress in under 2 hours......

I made a dress in under 2 hours.

I am officially obsessed with shirring fabric now, it just creates an instant perfect fit and can turn a rectangle of fabric into such a pretty dress!

I have had a large piece of Navy blue jersey in my stash for years and just didn't have the imagination or guts to do anything with it, mainly because I don't have an overlocker/serger and wasn't sure how to sew stretch fabrics on my regular sewing machine.

This is a total revelation for me, and I suspect that my summer wardrobe this year will consist of shirred dresses exclusively!

I will have to ask my boyfriend to take some photographs of me wearing the new creations to upload to the blog.

Its not quite warm enough yet to start wearing them so I will have to book a trip to Cyprus to get some good sundress weather, as good an excuse as any I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment