Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Jumping on the Anthropologie bandwagon!

Anthropologie 'Sugar On Top' Tank - available here

I have seen so many Anthropologie re-fashion tutorials in the blogging world recently, so I thought I would have a go at trying one myself.

This is the first one I plan to have a go at, and I think I know how to do it, with a few modifications of my own of course :-)

I plan on using simple Rectangles for the shoulders/sleeves, and pleating and pressing them to achieve the detail in the picture.
Then for the bust part, I think the Contour bust tutorial by Miasu on burdastyle.com would be perfect, and because I prefer my tops and dresses to have an empire line I will be taking the bottom part out from that line and either gathering or pleating it to give it some volume and flare.

I bought some really nice stretch poplin from my fave fabric shop : Fabrics Galore in Battersea, which is an end of line Paul Smith fabric in a teal blue/green with little jacquard dots all over, which I think will be perfect for this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment