Pages

Thursday 28 January 2010

Teeny Greenie Beanie


Hmm, so this was not quite the anticipated design, my gauge was way off and I couldn't be bothered with the seed stitch upper so I knitted stocking stitch instead and worked out my own decreases for the top .... but it does the trick for today at least, I think this will be unraveled halfway tonight and re-knit to include another few rows and make it less like a skull-cap :)


However, I am pretty excited because it is the first time I have improvised away from a pattern and it actually worked! It is a pretty neat construction, and to be honest the only part that resembles the original Autumn pattern is the number of cast on stitches!


So I will be writing out my little improv pattern and posting it up on here when I have perfected it!

2 comments:

Post a Comment