Pages

Thursday 2 July 2009

The best fabric shop in London

I just want to share some of the love I feel for the best fabric shop in London.

http://fabricsgalore.co.uk

I was introduced to this wonderful treasure trove by my good friend Saron, (who gave me the lovely fabrics you see in this post - amazing present!) and I have to admit I go into a total spending frenzy every time I am there, it has the best selection of fabrics I have ever seen and the prices are unbelievably reasonable.

They stock a lot of end of line or surplus fabrics from some of the best designers, such as Paul Smith, Missoni, Liberty of London, Armani, and I have even seen some Chanel in there before!

By far my favourites are the Paul Smith shirting cottons in beautiful woven stripes and patterns from £5 a metre and Liberty Tana Lawn, baby cord and jersey in the most amazing prints from £12 a metre, this is half the price of the Liberty store and they usually have a lovely selection to choose from.
Aside from being a total wonderland for fabric lovers, the staff are so friendly and helpful and if you are buying a lot quite often they will knock a bit off the price, customer service is king here!

They do not sell anything online sadly but I think that is due to the sheer volume of stock it would take too long to update online, but it is well worth the trip to Clapham Junction and the short walk or bus ride to the shop if you are London based or visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment